Thank you to our Sponsors and Participants
Patterson Ford of Bowie
Montague County Cowboy Church
Christ Community Church
Saint Jo Church of Christ
Life Church 242
Saint Jo First Baptist Church
Wellington State Bank
Freedom Life Church
Forestburg Baptist Church
Valley View Baptist Church
A World for Children
First Free Will Baptist Church
Nocona First Baptist Church
Nocona Central Christian Church
Central Baptist Church
Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts
Bowie First Baptist Church
Nocona Church of Christ
Montague County Sheriff’s Department
Nocona Methodist Church
Carter Lake Road Church of Christ
Montague County Rural Fire Department
Montague County 4-H
Saint Peter Lutheran Church
Bowie High School Students
Laurie Bordon Roles
Dale and Linda Hudspeth
Eddy and Janet Walker
Steve and Denice Kabisch
The 2nd Annual Montague County Children’s Fair has been deemed a success by all involved! The Children’s Fair that was held Saturday, September 24th at the Montague County Cowboy Church. There were games and activities for children of all ages. The proceeds went to the Montague County Child Welfare Board.
“The Child Welfare Board uses the funds raised to support CPS with needs for children removed from their homes due to abuse and/or neglect”, stated Lorra Lierly, current chairman of the board. “The board also supports foster families with training and minor fixes or additions needed in order for their homes to be approved”, Lierly added.
This year over 20 county churches came together to provide a fun day for the children of the county. They provided an example for the children that adults care about them and they are willing to work together to raise awareness for their well-being. It truly takes a village (county) to protect our most precious asset, our children. There were approximately 700 children in attendance.
“On behalf of the Child Welfare Board, I would like to extend a sincere Thank You to all who sponsored, worked and/or attended this great event”. “I would like to recognize and thank our 2 corporate sponsors, Patterson’s of Bowie and Modern Woodman”, said Lierly.
Many, many hours of hard work went into making this year’s fair a success and the Board is very grateful to all who helped. For a complete list of sponsors and participants please visit our website: http://www.montaguechildren.com
We are looking forward to the fair being even bigger and better next year! Mark off the last Saturday in September, 9-30-2017, now and make plans to attend. You won’t be disappointed!
MONTAGUE COUNTY CHILD WELFARE BOARD EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: The Montague Country Child Welfare Board (MCCWB) Executive Director will support the MCCWB in its overall mission and strategy through operational and administrative action, fundraising, and communication. The position is part-time, approximately 3 days per week
– Handle all administrative needs of the Board
– Be present two days per week at the Board’s House in Bowie and 1 day at a Nocona Office. Assist with the maintenance and security of the property
– Act as a liaison between the Board and Child Protective Service. Organize distribution of funds to children in CPS care
– Interface with representatives of Patsy’s House who use the CWB office weekly.
– Prepare monthly board briefing materials
– Interface with staff of Treasure to prepare monthly financial statements
– Write monthly internet newsletter promoting board activities, news and events
– Manage and keep websites up to date
– Apprise Board members activities
– Apply for relevant financial grants to aid the Boards direction and mission
– Maintain and oversee Board’s resource room
Fundraising and Public Communication:
– Raise awareness of child abuse and neglect in Montague County
– Coordinate planning and execution of all fundraising activities
– Promote Board activities, mission, and connect with donors through Board website and Facebook. Expand social media presence (Instagram, twitter).
– Identify and secure regular community donors
– Create new and diverse ways to enhance Board fundraising
– Act as media liaison.
– Follow up with past donors and express the Board’s appreciation
– Distribute MCCWB information at public events
– Working technical knowledge (Microsoft Office, managing Web Sites, and Social Media)
– Organizational and administrative skills
– Personable, able to network with community members, donors, and Board
– Grant writing experience
If you are interested, please send your resume and references electronically to:
Austin Wright: email@example.com
Lorra Lierly: firstname.lastname@example.org